DEP-25 DNA Extraction Kit
DNA Extraction for PCR under 25 min (DEP-25) is a two-component reagent kit for extraction of genomic DNA of various origin.
|D225||DEP-25, 100 extractions||2x 8 ml||€ 20,58|
|D226||DEP-25, 400 extractions||2x 30 ml||€ 45,78|
|D227||DEP-25, 1600 extractions||2x 120 ml||€ 104,58|
DNA Extraction for PCR under 25 min (DEP-25) is a two-component reagent kit for extraction of genomic DNA of various origin. A major advantage of the kit is that DNA extraction is performed rapidly and is carried out in a single tube - mitigating chances for sample cross-contamination for subsequent PCR analysis. The kit is amenable to high throughput-based screening and is suitable to several downstream applications such as identification of genotypes, DNA fingerprinting, and cell identity/contamination analysis.
Rapid, easy to use, robust, safe and reliable DNA extraction
- DNA from various sources can be prepared in 25 min or less; no need for lengthy enzymatic digestion, column purification or phenol/chloroform extraction (Fig. 1). Suitability of the extracted DNA for PCR analysis has been determined by testing PCR amplification of various targets (Fig. 2).
- DEP-25 is supplied as a two-component kit START-Blue & STOP. START-Blue is a color indicator that provides visual identification of proper solution used for DNA extraction. Upon addition of equal volume of STOP reagents, solution turns colorless.
- DEP-25 contains ready to use reagents needed for rapid extraction of DNA from variety of tissues, including cell lines of different origin, tissue samples (hair, buccal cells, saliva) mouse tail biopsies or ear punches.
- DNA extracted with DEP-25 is compatible with both endpoint PCR and real-time qPCR. The extracted DNA is compatible as a template with all Master Mixes of TB provenience.
- The kit provides enough reagents sufficient for DNA extraction at price, which is a fraction of the price when other protocols are used.
Fig. 1. Schematic presentation of two methods used for preparation of genomic DNA in quality suitable for PCR analysis. Extraction with DEP-25 consists of 3 simple steps and lasts ~25 minutes. This procedure is shorter, simpler and cheaper when compared to DNA isolation using standard DNA isolation method based on proteinase K digestion and phenol/chloroform extraction.
Fig. 2. PCR amplification of genomic DNA extracted with DEP-25 (1) or isolated by standard DNA isolation method (2). For PCR with Combi PPP Master Mix, oligonucleotide primers specific for 864 bps fragment were used [Nucl. Acids Res., 36 (15):e93, 2008]. PCR amplicons were size-fractionated by agarose gel and stained with ethidium bromide. Only fragments of the expected size were visible.
Components and Packaging
- DEP-25 DNA extraction Kit is supplied in bottles containing either 2x 8 ml (100 reactions, Cat. No. D225), 2x 30 ml (400 reactions, Cat. No. D226) or 2x 120 ml (1600 reactions, Cat. No. D227) of START-Blue and STOP reagents.
- Each DEP-25 kit contains detailed protocol for DNA extraction.
- At temperature 2 - 8°C. For short time (days) at temperature up to 35°C. This allows transport without cooling (nature friendly).
Purity and Quality Control
- Each batch of DEP-25 is tested for its ability to extract genomic DNA, which can be amplified by PCR. The results are verified by electrophoresis in agarose gel in the presence of ethidium bromide; only DNA band of the expected size is present (Fig. 2).